Ok, here you have it guys. My somewhat late new year’s resolution for 2016.
When it comes to business and life in general goal setting is actually one of the most important things you can do.
When I was first introduced to this concept it was explained to me in a somewhat esoterical way and I thought it was complete bull.
However then I did some reading, Napoleon Hill and a whole bunch of other authors actually talk about goal setting and provide us with actual evidence on how powerful goal setting actually is.
But I’m getting off track here… I will maybe do an entire post about goal setting in the future…
So here are my actual goals for 2016 divided into the three categories that have the biggest impact on my life and happiness.
Category #1 – Business & Internet Marketing
By the end of 2016 I will have achieved the following goals in my business:
- Set goals for them – already done 🙂
- Grow two of my niche business beside this blog to $5.000 in monthly revenue each
- Grow a third one to $10.000 a month
- Grow this blog to 1000 visitors a day (so far no income goal)
- Publish at least 50 high quality articles on this blog
- Setting micro goals that I have to achieve each and every month
Category #2 – Exercising & Health
I haven’t been exercising at all in 2015 due to my busy personal life and growing a business to the point where I was actually able to sell it…
This has to change, at least if I want a long and healthy life. So here are my health and exercising goals:
- Eat vegetables at least once a day
- Eat fruit at least once a day
- Stop smoking (that’s a big one!)
- Break my deadlift PR of 165kg (363 lbs.)
- Break my bench press PR of 110kg (242 lbs.)
- Break my squat PR of 125kg (275 lbs.)
- Start doing cardio at least once a week, this is going to be especially tough for me! I love lifting, but I hate cardio with a passion and the fact that I smoke a ton doesn’t make things better…
Category #3 – Travel
I will spend this year’s Christmas in Las Vegas again as I already did that last year and it was an amazing trip!
Being from a small village in Germany visiting the City of Sin was one crazy experience!
So that’s it for my 2016 goals 🙂
To your success,
P.S. Hint: When writing down your goals or talking about them always say or write things like “I will achieve this and that” not “I would like to”, because the later one implies that failing is an option.
And you don’t want your brain to think that!